Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Yeah Baby, I Rock

Yesterday was the 1st day of school. Lyssy started 8th grade, Manuel is in 3rd, and Michael is now an official kindergartner. They had a fantabulous day with only complaint: Michael thinks Kinder is too long :)

Aiden, Z, and my daycare kid played all morning, had snack at 10 am, went back out to play, had lunch at 11:45 am and were out by 12. Really. The Gods were smiling on me all day. Now if I can recreate that everyday, I will be a very happy woman indeed. Not to mention happy mom and we all know that's what reeeeeealy counts.

So in the pursuit of happiness, I will try to recreate yesterday again and again and again. Oh, and did I mention, I also cleaned my room, vacummed the entire house, did 5 loads of laundry AND put it away, made breakfast, lunch, snacks, not dinner (Little Cesars in honor of the 1st day of school), did the dishes several times (ok, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, but that counts right?), nursed Z multiple times as well, did art project with the kids, played with the kids, picked up kids from school, cleaned the bathroom, and other things in between all those other things, all throughout the day? Granted, most of this was done while the kiddos took their nap. Want to know something? I can honestly tell you I do not know how I even got to bed. Or if I brushed my teeth (gross, I know). Or how I ended up in my pj's. I do not remember. Scary. So, in the interest of retaining my memories, I will not be recreating some parts of yesterday. We'll see how long I can last without vacumming. Kidding. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment