Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Birthday My Love

Today is the day she made me a momma. Everything I know she taught me.

Happiness, humility, patience, understanding, kindness, goodness, empathy, appreciation, compassion, excitement, insight, benevolence, yearning, elation, tenderness, pride, passion, joy, remorse, satisfaction, imagination, intensity. 

From the moment she wakes until the moment that sleep claims her, she is in my thoughts and heart. Fragments of our day swirl in my dreams every night and have me projecting good things, no scratch that, great things for my girl at every possible moment of my life. Things like...make good choices my love, you know right from wrong, take the higher road, you will always have me on your side - right or wrong, and above all, love and respect yourself.

She is enchanting. With her beautiful eyes and intoxicating smile she always, very rarely does she not, get her way. I have created a triple threat. Intelligent, beautiful and confident. However, if you were to ask her if we smothered her she would promptly reply with a very emphatic yes. Yes. And No. I guide. She always has choices. She almost always makes the right choice. But if circumstances entail that I make the choice for her, I absolutely, unequivocally, do. She takes this in stride at times and at others she lets me know what is on her mind.

14.

My head cannot wrap around the thought that in 4 short years she will go to college. That she will be able to make her own decisions, right or wrong, and that I will not be there to guide her.

But I have faith. Faith that she was listening when I thought she was tuning me out. Faith based on the knowledge that she is MY daughter, and that she is strong. Faith based on knowledge. I know this child. She will continue to amaze and conquer and love with great kindness. I know.

Happy birthday my love. May all of your wishes and dreams surpass all expectations.

I love you.

P.S. Thank you for choosing me as your momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment