Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cut The Cord Bitch, Cut The Cord

It's becoming very hard to stop nursing. One minute I'm all, "That's it! I'm done. He bit me again! Look at him, he's even laughing! The nerve!" The next minute I'm all, "I love the deranged ape act. Love it. Look at him, he can't get enough of me!"

I know I should cut the cord on the whole nursing thing because he is about 15 months old. The older he gets the harder it will be to cut him off. Then there's the whole biting thing. Not good. We'll see who lasts...odds are in his favor.
But as he roams the house with his Frankenstonian walk calling out "maaaaama" I melt. We have this love/love/love/love/give me a minute to pee cook relationship. He's with me all day long. He eats what I eat. He drinks what I drink. He's all mine. All day. Until it's time to cook. He's banished from the kitchen. Which produces big fat alligator tears because he's not by my side. (I secretly love this!) When I'm done, the monkey is back on my back.

I have found a solution to get a few minutes rest though. Brothers. 3 older brothers. Z loves his brothers. Loves them to no end. Loves when they get home from school and they play together. They rough house with him - the rougher the better - and he gets into their backpacks and homework and creates havoc all around. And he LOVES it. Them, not so much.

Should I bite the bullet and cut the cord? Or should I continue bonding letting him suck me dry? 

Me thinks I'll let the river run dry. Or until he doesn't want me to nurse any more. Whichever comes first. But I'm establishing some ground rules: no biting, no biting, and no biting. I'm sure I'll regret it. It will be very hard to make him stop no doubt. He's kinda stubborn - like his momma. He wants what he want when he wants. And that's ok with me. It's more than ok. He's the last of the babies...and I'm ok with that too. It's been said that we need each other. We do. And I cherish every moment. Most of the time. When he's not biting.

And because I found the cord (no pun intended) that transfers my pictures to my laptop (that's the technical term, swear), I will share some pictures of Isaiah.  He was actually posing for me with these cheesy faces and cheesy poses. Gotta love this boy.

Nurse me! Nurse me! You can't say no to this cute face with razor sharp teeth!

The camera is not at fault here. The craptacular photographer and her cropping, or lack thereof, skill is.

No comments:

Post a Comment