Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Got Pushed

Yesterday this lady, who kisses me, hugs me, cuddles me, feeds me good stuff, gives me warm baths, blows raspberries on my belly, and lets me sleep with her took my brother Aiden sibling (anonymity is important - don't wanna cause problems here people) and I to play outside. 
I'll call her mom since it's what I've heard my other siblings call her.  It was a nice day, a little chilly, but that lady mom put a hat on my head so it stayed warm. She didn't change my clothes after breakfast so that explains the prune/applesauce stains. It's like Activia but for babies. That stuff works good. Oh, and the unsnapped snap...that's just me.  It takes alot of work to keep up with this figure these looks. Anyway, she put me on the slide and I sat there enjoying my new slide (for me anyway), and the breeze.


However, she then took out her camera.  



Started clicking away giving no notice when my brother Aiden sibling started climbing on this play structure (aka ghetto slide 'cause it has duck tape) and placed himself or herself directly behind me.  This caused me some concern as my developmental skills are right on track: for an 8th month old but therefore not developed enough to withstand the surprise attack on my persona that was to follow.  While "mom" was clicking away, I got pushed. Down the slide. 

When I finally rolled over (at the bottom of the slide) my view was this: 

Needless to say, all I can remember was the following conversation:

Mom: "Aiden, why did you push the baby! We don't push babies!" click, click, click.

Aiden Sibling: "Sorry baaaaby."

Mom: "Tell your brother you're sorry." click, click.

Aiden Sibling: "I did."

Mom: "Don't do that again! You could have hurt the baby!" click, click, click, click, click, click.

Aiden Sibling: "K mom."

I was ok though. Between the light at the end of the tunnel, peripheral flashing lights, and all that clicking, I thought it was actually kind of fun. Shhh, don't tell "mom". 


Don't be too hard on her for her inattentiveness. She did check me just to make sure I was ok. And she gave me lots of kisses and hugs. After that last picture was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment